Camera motion turning off when exiting App

yesterday @ 14:30 my cameras stopped alerting, when I checked today 3 Aug there were no recordings. I’ve checked and all cameras have turned the motion option off!.. (No one else has access tot he account).
I’ve turned the camera motion sensors back on; but when I exit the App and go back into cameras, they have all turned motion sensor to off again!!..
Currently the cameras and app are as much use as a chocolate fire guard as security whilst I’m away!!

1 Like

As it ever worked without the experience you are mentioning? If so, how long was it working fine and did anything change in your environment / set up?

I’d tried deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Hello All and @Kami_Mark and @Steven_Kami - Same issue described also in other discussions
I started facing exactly the same issue as Neil and Miru since last night - Despite activating manually motion detection (in smart detection and on Yi Dome, or Yi outdoor camera / have a few of them so not linked to app version or camera firmware - all up to date) then it got turned off without any reason.
Also feature Home/Away doesn’t act properly on turning on/off motion detection anymore.
It seems the developers have changed something (probably when adding the advertisement to subscribe on cloud notifications!) that now created a huge bug on motion detection turn on/off so please fix that asap as camera are simply useless when not active in motion detection/sending alerts.

1 Like

Yep, exact same issue. Worked fine for months and then since yesterday evening it’s all gone wrong. Cameras, all turning themselves off once you exit the App!

So what is happening then @Kami_Mark @Steven_Kami
Still cameras not working correctly; still turning motion off themselves automatically!..
It’s been like this for over 24 hors now; another software development (probably an unnecessary advert again) that has gone catastrophically wrong for customers that have bought products for security!.. I might as well just put a sign up saying ‘False cameras installed’.
Not the first time there’s been failure issue for no reason, clearly wasn’t tested correctly - this is now beyond a joke!

Getting the same issue here also. Cloud alerts are working it seems it just affecting sd card recordings
Cheers Colin

Hello! Thank you for reporting this to the community forum. We are working to resolve this issue quickly. I am going to open a thread to directly address this issue so we can keep open communication and get this resolved as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Hello All! Can you please share on this thread whether you use iOS or Android? Many thanks.

@mitchec
@NetMs
@Neil_F

Hello IOS on my side

1 Like

Hello, iOS here for me too

1 Like

Hello all - issue seems fixed on my side so could others confirmed it also got fixed for all of you? Then looking forward for RCA.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @NetMs Glad to hear its been straightened out. Would definitely be curious to see how everyone else is doing. Any updates?

Not fixed. Same problems. I’ve had these cameras for over a year. This has never been an issue. This really sucks.

If a tree branch moved from the wind my alerts would go off prior to this ridiculousness. I’ve got over $250 invested in cameras to secure my home that aren’t making me feel so secure anymore. It’s a shame to have a bad firmware update cause all this chaos rending the cameras useless. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Each morning I have checked the settings on my most problematic camera that only likes to record alerts at night between 8p-6a and each morning it’s switched to “off” in settings for that camera. Meanwhile it recorded every second of video and uploaded it to the cloud storage. Bizarre. If I unplug the camera and plug it back in it works for 5 minutes then stops reporting alerts.

Hey @broach1804 thanks for the feedback. We sent another response on a different thread you’ve commented on with a few questions to help our team and ultimately get this resolved. I really appreciate your patience.

All seems okay with mine now. All cameras are behaving as expected. Not sure what changed but it worked for me. Thanks

1 Like

thanks for the update! We have been testing and making improvements. Your patience was and is greatly appreciated. If anything changes, let us know.

Have a great day!

1 Like

I don’t know if this belongs on this thread or not. My cameras that I have had for years are seemingly randomly turning on motion detection. I can’t have motion detection on with 3 dogs on the property. They are currently unplugged because I was afraid someone had gained access.

Categories