Beta Windows PC App

is there any plan for linux version of this app?

Hi,

@aper Currently, we donā€™t offer a Linux app for mobile or desktop platforms.

Hi @Patrick, thank you for the confirmation.
Actually I am able to run this beta windows version under linux using wine, but the experience is a bit buggy, the app refuse to terminate completely when closed so opening the app for the second time will always failed unless I kill all the remaining process manually. This might be just a wine bugs not the app itself though.
For now I will live with that, but I will really appreciated if Yi would develop linux version for this app. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, I just downloaded and below my considerations:
1-) when installing doesnt has portuguese language, this is not a problem for me, but maybe for anothers brasilians could be.
2-) Doesnt has a South America region too
3-) I allways used app on my Iphone, first time at ]PC, I dont know if I didnt found or doesnt have some setups to the Cameras and where configure the Windows PC App.
4-) I like that i can put the cameras side by side on the same screen.

for now thats itā€¦

Thanks
Regards
Juarez

Hi,

@Juarezpj

1. Unfortunately, the only languages available in the Windows desktop app are English and Chinese.
  2. That is correct. The region of South America connects with our server in North America. Ex. If you pair a camera in the mobile app under the region of Brazil, you will use the region North America to view the camera in the desktop app.
  3. I was able to locate your account and noticed your cameras are paired under the region of Brazil. If you use the North America region in the Windows desktop app, you will see your cameras.
  4. The desktop app allows a user to view up to 9 cameras at once in a live view.
1 Like

I countered the pausing by running PTFB and setting PTFB to single click each camera image one after the other every 20 mins. As Iā€™m running the app on a windows tablet (which i have wall mounted) i had to physically plug in a mouse to record first as PTFB didnā€™t register touches successfully. https://www.ptfbpro.com/download.shtml

:sunglasses: achievement unlocked @Nat

1 Like

Didnā€™t realize there was a beta version of the PC app. I currently use the stable version along with my Android app of Yi Home. Iā€™ll check out the Kami beta too, as I do have Kami and Yi cameras.

1 Like

I tried the Kami Home app today.

My recently purchased Kami Home Outdoor camera has an SD card, which I installed.

On the Android app, I can scroll through the SD card recordings.

On the Windows app, I cannot.

This is the feature I care about the most. It is missing. Please add it.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @zigzag! Super helpful. We will continue to make all apps the best they can possibly be. Stick around the community! Itā€™s a great place to learn and share.

Categories