Beta Windows PC App

Hey @Mistic92 :wave: That’s great to hear. Thanks for the comment!

Can I help with the translation to Spanish language?

Welcome @rodrigopar99 and thank you for the kind offer!

Hello, if you need help with a French translation, I can help.

Hello,

I’m using the app now on my PC, I recently discovered that the windows app version support the Yi IoT and the Yi Home cameras.

Is it planned to do the same for the the android and ios app ?

(Merge the Yi IoT and Yi Home apps in order to have only one app to manage your Yi, Keyke cameras, etc.)

Have a nice day,
Dark’

I was able to install the beta for Windows and I can launch and see all my cameras listed. When I select a camera I am asked to enter my PIN code. As soon as I enter the PIN code the application crashes. This happens for all 6 cameras. The cameras work fine on Android app.

Hi,

@AHB I tested the issue you are having and I didn’t notice that problem. I’m running the same Windows version and after entering a pin code for multiple different YI/Kami cameras, I was able to use the desktop app without the app crashing. I would like to address your issue further. I will message you directly regarding this matter.

Setting up the beta now…! Hope it’s better than the android simulation I use currently on my PC

1 Like

Thanks Gorang, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

yes please make that happen for iOS as well as Android

so finally testing the beta app for few days now, i found that its really buggy but quite stable for a start.
The best part is the live feed group which is amazing thank you guys.
However the live feed keeps pausing now and then. Also if you try to exit the app by hitting corss in my case it just never reponds you have to go through the Task Manager route to exit the app which is really frustrating about it.

is there any plan for linux version of this app?

Hi,

@aper Currently, we don’t offer a Linux app for mobile or desktop platforms.

Hi @Patrick, thank you for the confirmation.
Actually I am able to run this beta windows version under linux using wine, but the experience is a bit buggy, the app refuse to terminate completely when closed so opening the app for the second time will always failed unless I kill all the remaining process manually. This might be just a wine bugs not the app itself though.
For now I will live with that, but I will really appreciated if Yi would develop linux version for this app. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, I just downloaded and below my considerations:
1-) when installing doesnt has portuguese language, this is not a problem for me, but maybe for anothers brasilians could be.
2-) Doesnt has a South America region too
3-) I allways used app on my Iphone, first time at ]PC, I dont know if I didnt found or doesnt have some setups to the Cameras and where configure the Windows PC App.
4-) I like that i can put the cameras side by side on the same screen.

for now thats it…

Thanks
Regards
Juarez

Hi,

@Juarezpj

1. Unfortunately, the only languages available in the Windows desktop app are English and Chinese.
  2. That is correct. The region of South America connects with our server in North America. Ex. If you pair a camera in the mobile app under the region of Brazil, you will use the region North America to view the camera in the desktop app.
  3. I was able to locate your account and noticed your cameras are paired under the region of Brazil. If you use the North America region in the Windows desktop app, you will see your cameras.
  4. The desktop app allows a user to view up to 9 cameras at once in a live view.
1 Like

I countered the pausing by running PTFB and setting PTFB to single click each camera image one after the other every 20 mins. As I’m running the app on a windows tablet (which i have wall mounted) i had to physically plug in a mouse to record first as PTFB didn’t register touches successfully. https://www.ptfbpro.com/download.shtml

:sunglasses: achievement unlocked @Nat

1 Like

Didn’t realize there was a beta version of the PC app. I currently use the stable version along with my Android app of Yi Home. I’ll check out the Kami beta too, as I do have Kami and Yi cameras.

1 Like

I tried the Kami Home app today.

My recently purchased Kami Home Outdoor camera has an SD card, which I installed.

On the Android app, I can scroll through the SD card recordings.

On the Windows app, I cannot.

This is the feature I care about the most. It is missing. Please add it.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like

Categories