Are we seriously getting Ads !

I can’t believe that we are now getting ads on security cameras! Did we not pay for these cameras & memory cards? This was NOT part of the sales pitch! I don’t want to pay for a subscription and I can understand if it’s added to new users but to shove these ads down our throats after we bought these cameras is disgusting. I have 5 of these cameras and just went back & changed all my reviews to one star and said why. We should all do the same! If my camera goes off I shouldn’t have to watch an ad video while stressing who set off the camera! This is a disgusting move! Will bad mouth these cameras & software going forward and will never buy or recommend it to anyone !

1 Like

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to offer you an exclusive discount on our ad-free subscription. By subscribing to our premium plan, you can enjoy uninterrupted access to all the features of our app without any ads. Please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact so we can further assist you.

Ironically BCH208 I was thinking the same thing the other day and was concerned over the massive increase in promotional emails and banners on the apps every time you open it or press a feature (actually rendering it useless). I then went to the Kami and YI websites and was even more concerned they had Christmas promotion and looking like no products listed/available and assets missing with several 404 errors and the YI website itself no longer functional - interesting too that despite heavenly marketing their cloud services, clicking on the cloud button on the website results in a 404 page not found - hmmmmmm. As a loss of access to the cloud would render the product useless I decided that the seeming desperate “cash grab” of ads/cloud promotion combined with the website may be evidence that Kami/YI was in trouble and I should look for a new solution.
Angel - your answer to the OP is terrible and to me further evidence that there is an issue with Kami/YI, the route that your company has taken is wrong and you have lost respect however I will take this as a hint and find another provider so I am glad I have already started this process and only have 5 cameras to throw away.
Add to this that as of writing no camera is accessible on the app as neither yi/kami can connect to them and with everything combined I pretty much have my answer!

@cdale

To me, it looks like the company is slowly dying… ads popping up… products disappearing one by one… copy paste google translate answers over and over…

Ads? Yes, subscribe!
Questions? Send it to us privately never any public answers

I would not be surprised if the app is not soon non-functional…

Categories