An active Kami Cloud subscription is required to share your camera

I switched a camera and wanted to share the new one, and now I am told I have to purchase a cloud subscription. Is this a problem with my app or a change in policy?

1 Like

Hello @tmorton! Welcome to the forums!

It was a bug from the previous update which prevented existing users to use the sharing feature in the YI Home app. There will be a new update release to address the issue with the sharing.
If you haven’t already, try checking in Google Play/AppStore if there’s no prompt to update.
Hope this helps!

Couple questions:

1.) I’m not seeing an update. Do you have an ETA?

2.) You said that “It was a bug from the previous update which prevented existing users to use the sharing feature in the YI Home app”. Does that mean ONLY existing users will be able to use the sharing feature without an active subscription? What about new users?

I’m on version 5.5.6 which is the latest version at this time, so there’s no update to run.

@tmorton Is this the android app? Mine has updated to 5.6.1

From Google Playstore

What’s new

• Ukrainian Language Support
  • Chinese Language Support
  • Enhanced User Sharing enabled
  • Various Bug Fixes

This version for me keeps asking to add personal information at start up which can be ignored by using the back button but a little annoying all the same.

This is on an apple.

Sorry @tmorton I don’t own any Apple products, however a quick look at the Apple store now shows the following

Yi Home Version History

Jun 23, 2022

• Fixed issue preventing User Sharing from working properly for some users

Kami Home Version History

Jun 23, 2022

• Fixed issue preventing User Sharing from working properly for some users

Fix not seen for Android, as to date, coming soon I presume?

Hope this fixes your issue.

1 Like

Just updated and was able to invite the family!

1 Like

Those are the current versions for iOS.
And for Android, YI Home version 5.6.2 and Kami Home version 3.6.2.

Hi @jackhenrymoore! Welcome to the community!
Updates are now available.
And yes, existing users are not affected by these changes. I believe it’s just like what happened to the 6 seconds alert clip. But I might be wrong on this. I’ll get back on this question once I have confirmation.

Greetings. I am a new user of the service, and I am trying to share my camera feed with my wife. When I go to Account>Sharing, I am presented with a “YI powered by kamiCloud” window, and I am unable to access the sharing menus.

Is kamiCloud required to share with another user?

Thanks,

Matthew

I am on YI Home version 6.0.2.

Categories