Alternative software for Yi Iot

Hi,
Steve here. Has anyone come across an alternative PC software for the Yi iot bulb camera? The Yi tech app for PC is very unstable. And when it does need to be logged back in it takes forever. It takes long enough for someone to break in to my house before I even get them on camera, much less record them. I thought this was supposed a “security” type camera. Not much security there. It doesn’t make much sense to create a proprietary program where you can’t add any cameras of another manufacturer or that you can’t add the Yi camera to the software that you have other cameras on. Maybe some tech savvy youngster can make the Yi software better and more reliable. Or at least make the camera available to other software not supplied by YI Technology. I’d really like to get this figured out. When it does work it’s a pretty decent camera for the money.

Please Help!!

Thanks, steve g

Hey,
Apologies for any difficulties you experienced. We’d be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact .
Thank you.

I’ve been using the PC software YI IOT 1.0.0.0 (2018) on two laptops for over 6 months and no such problems? I’m not saying it’s a great piece of software but I can log in almost straight away and see the cameras. Most of the time I just use my tablet or phone but use the laptop when I’m at home.
I would love if anyone knows of any other software I could use (or this one gets updated with more functionality).

I agree - Great Camera and CRAP Software - Hard to Logon to the Camera, in Place and On, using QR Code - The LOGON Does NOT have to be THAT Technical - Just use a Secure Password, by some other Normal Login Panel.
Extremely difficult to Read Cards, using the Original Software, while the Police are waiting to get Info to use in an Arrest - YES, a Smart Kid can do Better than this - Perhaps this Camera, with This Software, should NOT be Allowed to be Sold in Australia.

Categories