All cameras went offline last night

Reset cam won’t connect to wifi. Other home device, laptop, echo, etc has no issue with wifi connect.

This happened once last month, is it server side issue?

Thanks

Hey @davidlee Thanks for coming to the community for insight! You’ve come to the right place.

You mentioned this happened once before, how was is resolved?

A couple questions to help us in our next steps…

What is the power source for the camera?
How far away from the camera is the wifi router?
Are you connected to 2.4ghz or 5g? Is your phone using 2.4ghz or 5g?
How many walls inbetween the router and the camera?
Also, what model is the camera? And, what type of phone model & phone operating system are you using?

Many thanks for your patience and assistance to get this resolved. I hope youre having a lovely weekend.

I have the same problem. All the 4 cameras I have, goes offline……more than 3 days now ;( ……. Router is ok, I have internet in all of my complex, have strong wifi, ……but the cameras went down. They are very high ….I have to climb to them to make the reset? Pffff……

Hello @Villaverde I am sorry to hear that! That sounds frustrating. And, we want to avoid you having to climb up onto anything high if possible.

We just have a couple of questions to help us understand the issue a little better.

What is the power source for the camera?
How far away from the camera is the wifi router?
Are you connected to 2.4ghz or 5g? Is your phone using 2.4ghz or 5g?
How many walls inbetween the router and the camera?
Also, what model is the camera? And, what type of phone model & phone operating system are you using?

Many thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to your response.

Thanks for your reply.
I’m using the outside YI camera 1080p (YHS.3017)
i have one/two walls between the outside router and for two cameras. FOr another two, dont have any wall.
I have a router 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ. The cameras are connected to the 2.4GHZ band.
The outside router is giving access to internet, and the connection is very good along 100m. The cameras are not long than 2meters to 5 meters.
Im using iPhone last version iOS and iPhone Xs MAX
I have tried another phones and iPads, and not working. Offline since then.
No light on the cameras. i will uncounted the camera of its place and see at the weekend another power supply. The power supply is the original one, that came with the camera.

PS: its strange that all the fours cameras goes OFF, without any light…. At the same time ….and all the power is on! ….

That is very strange @Villaverde! Not saying you did anything specifically, but something had to have changed locally or something to have all 4 cameras shut off at the same time and be completely unusable.

Can you check to see what your iPhone connection is using? 2.4ghz or 5ghz? Newer phone models will instinctually pull up 5ghz. But, you can change this setting to 2.4ghz during the pairing process.

Unfortunately, it sounds like a hard reset will need to happen. And, that is done on the device. So, be safe when you’re up there! And, keep us posted on your progress.

I will inking one of the cameras. Perhaps the power have some kind of problem. I have to connect to another power supply to verify. Will do it tomorrow :slight_smile:

Hey @Villaverde Any update on your cameras? How did connecting to a new power supply work out? Let us know :slight_smile:

Everything works now. A problem on the power supply. Eheh. Thank you all :))))) and sorry anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

No apologies necessary @Villaverde sometimes its helpful to just talk it out. We are glad to hear all is resolved!

Usually when all cameras cut of simultaneously thats a power source indicator.

Have a lovely day!

Categories