Alexa Commands for yi Home

@Kami_Mark
I have just added two more outdoor cameras and installed an NEW Echo 5 with the latest firmware. It hasn’t like to play well with the YI system. In fact most of the time one or more of the came ra’s won’t “respond” to Alexa even though they are working in the YI app (all are outdoor YI cams) If I check them one at a time in the YI APP most of them get dropped packets at a router (on your end) just before reaching the final connection (port 443) so many issues may be a router on the server end of the connection??? I don’t know but if I try long enough and enough times the Echo Show 5 will reach them but may well drop a different camera. I really think it is a connection issue because checking the “connection” in the YI APP when they do not show will always show a router at ..61.227:443 as dropping packets (all the rest show 10/10) it will show 2/10, 1/10, 3/10 etc.
Even getting Alexa to discover the cams was a major undertaking. BUt once found they did work, then didn’t, then did etc etc etc.

Categories