Advertisement when launching the YIa Home App

Orribile… no other words…
Users need to wait 5 seconds before accessing their own camera feeds
I assume you want to push to buy your cloud service but in this way you obtain the opposite result… credibility goes down and down!!

4 Likes

Hi, we apologize for any issue you might be having! Could you send details of what you are experiencing to our customer support at https://www.kamihome.com/contact? We’ll get you up and running.

And here lays the problem….
No matter what questions/frustrations are passed through these forum threads the answer is always the same “please contact our customer support. We’ll get you up and running”!

That is NOT the answer your user base needs. That answer is cold, not addressing the problem that many will be looking to see what Yi/Kami are providing… It is simply ‘Passing the Buck’.

You used to have a chap who would at least out of courtesy communicate with the forum users. He always tried to reassure when clearly frustrations were high. I often challenged him but I always admired him for at least making an effort.

In respect of the OP. Steffano has a valid point and should not be passed to an email address where no one else will be privy to the reply… It needs to be here for others to be reassured.

2 Likes

Dear @Sarah_Kami,
sorry but I totally agree with @Beards
Why should I contact you privatelly for this argument ?
It’s all written here so there is nothing to add and it is very simply to understand… you should simply answer here so everyone could read the answer about this very bad news about the app…
Do you want to do ?
Even if I realize (by reading all the other posts for other issues/arguments) that you never want to answer publicly and/or confirm any issues… so the only good thing of such forum is to share issues with other users… without getting any real support from YI

3 Likes

@spanzetta Absolutely correct.

2 Likes

Paid cloud users also get the advertisements! This just started with the latest release of the app. Beyond frustrating

@spanzetta what do you mean with you have to wait 5 seconds? Is there any blocking dialog poping up or is the app taking long to present the feed? I am asking because I had an issue with a camera, where this was basically taking forever to load the feed (sd) and the live stream, all this stopped after I added a WiFi extender.

5 seconds is the minimum time you have yo wait for the advertising window you must see

Categories