YI Home - Audio mute by default

I will do my best to make it a priority. I’ll keep you posted on my progress and update you by Wednesday with more information.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

@Steven_Kami, did you have more informations on Wednesday?

1 Like

@Steven_Kami, any news?

Thanks

Has there been any developments on this @Steven_Kami ?

None yet! But, keep checking in and I will do my best to bring this to the attention of our team. We are in the process of making big backend changes that will improve the experience for everyone overall. Thanks for your patience.

Any update on this? Just purchased camera to use as a nanny cam but would like audio to be set to default on or at least have the option to

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same problem @Steven_Kami, could you give us some news, you told that the developpers will solve this problem 6 month ago.

Thanks in advance, I am worry to watch my baby with this cam :frowning:

Hey Romain - I’m sorry for our delay. Priorities got shifted a little so I do apologize for the delay. Let me talk to our team and get you an update.

Hello Alll! I am excited to announce that with the most recent release for iOS, your mute option now is a saved state. If you turn mute OFF, it stays OFF. And, most importantly, if you turn the sound ON, it will stay ON. We know this was a big area of concern for a number of our app users and we have listened. Next week will be the Android release that has this very same function. Thank you all for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it.

@Romain @toppare @RD2 @ShawnRef @Gabrie77 @gregoriojoven @Sarah @randomusername

Hi Steve,
We’ve only just downloaded the app so it’s up to date, however the mute function is not staying off.
Whenever I go out of the app the mute function turns back on. I’ve turned the microphone on in settings but the mute function returns every time I change the screen, even whilst in the app. Any suggestions as I really need to be able to hear my baby crying.
Cheers

Hey @Mama1 Thanks for coming to the forum! Being able to hear you’re baby is a pretty important so let’s see what we can do to get this resolved quickly.

Are you using the Yi Home, Kami Home, or Yi IoT App? What version of the app do you have? (if you go to “Account” then, “About”, you’ll find the app version.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi Steve,
I’m using the Yi IoT
Version 2.7.2_20211013
Cheers

What is your brand and model of camera?

1 Like

Hey @Mama1 Unfortunately, the mute saved state has not been implemented in the Yi IoT app yet. We have plans on making the same changes to the Yi IoT app that we have done to the Yi Home and Kami Home app. Timeline for the change is not firm at this time.

What kind of cameras do you have? If they are Yi or Kami cameras, you can download the Yi or Kami Home app which does allow for a mute saved state.

Thanks Steve. It’s a Florian camera which uses Yi so will try the Yi app.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi Steve,
I tried the Yi Home app. I got all the way to the end however when it came to naming the camera it comes up as camera edit fail and I cant finish the setup.
Does this mean the camera we have is not supported or is there a bug in the system?
Thanks

Hi @Mama1 Unfortunately, that camera brand is only supported by Yi IoT. We have plans to make improvements to this app as well. The mute saved state will be introduced into the Yi IoT app. As soon as I know more, I will update the forum.

Thanks Steve, appreciated

1 Like

Hello,

I have this exact problem and we’re thinking of getting a second camera for our 2nd child (on the way!) Just wanted to check-in to see if we got any news on this fix for the Yi Iot App?

Thank you @Steven_Kami

Hey @Ttcomm Thanks for coming to the community for more information. We are working on getting the Yi IoT app optimized and improved. I dont have a firm timeline on when this change will be made but it is on our roadmap. I will be sure to update the forum when we take full control of the Yi IoT app.

Categories