Yi Home App Suggestions

Some suggestions after updating to Yi Home iOS 4.4.0

1 - Please add iPad support. I use iPads to get a better view of the cameras I have but it has to run on the iPhone app emulator.

2 - On Landscape Move, the status bar shows up now. It was better when it wasn’t visible. Not only that, it’s rotated 90 degrees and it’s unreadable.

3 - Please bring back the Activity bar back to the main Camera Live stream. It was so useful, clean, and great to not having to go through various menus (that also crash the app sometimes to see what’s on the SD card)

4 - if you can have just two camera streams instead of just 4 streams, I would buy a year of Yi Cloud ASAP. I only have 2 cameras so having 2 black streams is not good for me.

Thanks!

Hey @Kuro thank you for the quick feedback!

When you are talking about the activity bar do you mean the bar highlighted in red below?

The Kami Home app has not been updated yet. So if you want to still use the older version of the app you can download the Kami app.

No, I meant the old timeline when it’s in landscape mode. You could drag your finger and scrub around the history of what was recorded.

1 Like

Hey @Kuro please force close your app, and then re-open and you should get the older version of the user interface back, with the SD card playback timeline dropping down when tapping the cameras live view.

To force close an app

1- On an iPhone X or later, or an iPad with iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, from the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps
2- Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close.
3- Swipe up on the app’s preview to close the app.

If you have a physical home button double click it then from the app preview swipe up to close it.

Categories