Yi Camera not recording or showing 6 sec clip

Have you tried a brand new card? It’s worth the $10 trust me

Hey @djtezz I am sorry to hear that it dropped off again. We haven’t seen it reported by others yet. Lets see what we can do to get this resolved quickly.

Have a you checked the app for an update? and double checked you have the most recent version?
Check your firmware version. I believe a new one was just released.
When was the last time you configured your SD cards?
How old are the cards?

Reset the cameras for me as well.

Please let me know how this goes and we can go from there. Many thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Strange thing - i have moved the camera to the next room literally 6ft away and its been working for 24hrs.

Maybe it is a Wifi issue.

Hmmm that sounds kind of like a wifi issue.

What is the material of the wall that’s inbetween the camera and router now?

Keep testing and let us know how it goes.

Same type of wall.

My camera is in the bedroom, router down stairs but more directly below the camera now.

Interesting… id say keep testing locations if you want to see the best placement options to make sure you’re connected too the internet.

You can also add a wifi extender to the area of your home that is receiving poor signal.

Glad to hear things are up and running though! LMK if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

Steven, My YI Home app just automatically updated several days ago. I have 5 indoor cameras, 1 rotating & 4 fixed, all with Class 10 Samsung Evo SD cards. They’ve all recorded fine until last night, even with the updated app. However, last night all quit recording but still work with live feed. I just joined the forum & read posts concerning the same issue. I haven’t tried any of the suggestions, eg. Reformatting the SDs, trying to read footage on a PC, resetting or removing & reinstalling the cameras from my network or updating the camera firmware and I will do that today. However, I find it curious that all 5 cameras quit recording, so I’m inclined to suspect a common denominator like the recent app update. I will point out that the recording problem didn’t happen concurrently with the app update because the cameras still recorded for a couple of days after the update.

After posting this problem, I found that the reason all of my cameras stopped recording was that somehow the app upgrade performed a global deactivation of the record motion toggle in the camera settings. The odd thing was it didn’t do that when it first updated. I didn’t note the change until I started troubleshooting each camera. Once I toggled the motion detection back on, the cameras started recording again. Sorry for the confusion.

Exactly same here, two cameras, looks like new firmware. Tried turning off Activity, re formatting cards, a new card even and reinstalled the app. Defaults to Cloud but won’t record on the card. So disappointed as away Saturday and have been brilliant up to now.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! No apology necessary. We apologize for any confusion. Glad to hear all is back on track :slight_smile:

Hey @Knighty - SD card playback is still available. Please follow this link to learn more about navigating SD card https://news.yitechnology.com/news/navigating-sd-card/

1 Like

Hi! same problem with me… there is no option in the menu related to de SD Card. I cannot se footage recorded on de SD card, was this feature deactivated?

Hey @Alberto1 not deactivated! What camera models do you have and what version of the app are you running?

I am getting the same error :frowning: was was hoping that this forum would help. I am going to reset all the cameras. This is going to be a pain to do smh. If it doesn’t work this time I am going to just not use this anymore since I am getting use to it not working.

Categories