YI 1080p Home Camera Family

Hi there,
I‘m searching for a short (Max. 30cm) cable for the Camera. I have already bought some but they didn‘t work. So I don‘t know which one I should buy. Can you please help me. If you could send me a link or the name of the cable you use, it would be very useful!

Hello, The camera uses a standard Micro USB to USB cable.

A product on Amazon is this https://www.amazon.co.uk/WyzeCam-NestCam-KasaCam-Charging-Security-5M/dp/B07JZ4PW1M/ref=asc_df_B07JZ4PW1M/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=375533649026&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10116808575036125968&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046675&hvtargid=pla-691160498874&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=75934964119&th=1

That said these cables are not as short as you would like.

@Steven_Kami do you know of the power cables are required to be a min length?

I know there are power concerns when a USB cable gets too long @Brian has done some great work on such.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer! But I need a Short one. The one you send me are too Long.

I habe bought this cable, but it doesn‘t work. Do you maybe know why?

It could be the quality of the cable. I’m not sure if there is a min length the cable needs to be. I know there is a max. Is there a reason you couldn’t just use the one that the camera came with and place the cable in a position but not cause you an issue?

@giuseppe001sub @YorkshireUser There is no minimum cord length. If the cord is providing power, the camera will work.

@giuseppe001sub Can you check to see if this cord works with another device?

It seems to me that the only cord that works is the cord that came with the cameras. I have one camera that will work with original cord but not with others. I have bought several and camera just stays with a yellow steady light. Reset is not an option either, no matter how long or short I press reset nothing happens.

hello, everybody.
I have the same issue.
I need a longer cable (3 meters long, not so much …),
I tried at least 10 different cables, but no one of them do work.
as @lerhardt2 wrote, just a yellow steady light (and that means that the cable is providing power, I suppose …).
P.S.
I’ve just bought 4 new 1080p AI+ cameras;
the other 3 cameras I already had can work with any cable.

I have 16 YI 1080P cameras, a Yi Dome Camera and a Kami doorbell cam. All of them have accepted any cable I throw at them. Not so on the bases though, I think they must require a minimum amperage.

1 Like

as I have written few minutes ago, I have the same issue.
I was going to buy this cable, but, reading the reviews, it seems that it doesn’t work with YI cameras.

1 Like

thanks, @slikweasel.
the cameras I already had can accept any cable.
the 4 new cameras I’ve just bought seem to be more … demanding …
do you think 1 A couldn’t be enough ?

1 Like

Are you using the supplied charger base that came with the cameras? The old Yi 1080P cameras use 1 Amp so I think that would be sufficient unless something was changed. The only other idea I have would be if they changed the cable pin out to something with a special pin setup. (e.g. Samsung phones will charge slowly with any micro USB cable but fast charge with a Samsung proprietary micro USB cable.)

1 Like

Hello!
Just wondering if someone found a solution to this.
I am experiencing the same issue: Yi1080p camera used to work with its own cable. After moving and rotating the camera a few times, that cable stopped working (I guess it got worn out because of bending?). I tried several cables to replace it: most of them seem to power the camera, but it stays stuck on yellow light.
I only found one cable that has the camera fully working, but it is impractically short. I can’t figure out what is special about this one, I don’t even remember where it is from (found it in the back of a drawer). It looks thinner than most of my USB cables … no idea.
Any suggestion or link to purchase a cable that actually works?
Thanks!

Thanks, RikDo. Let me double check but I’ll send you a link that’s confirmed to work. Is there a certain length cable you are looking for?

Thank you for your reply.
I would need a cable at least 120 cm long, preferably white.
Just FYI I am located in France.
Thank you

Categories