recording duration could be dynamic for the motion detection period

Hi All
I have set motion detection = all the time
however I want that the recording duration changes from 6 to say 30 seconds only during the night time( 2200-0700)
But this is not possible as I see now.
It would be nice to have a feature whereby ‘motion detection = all the time’ but the recording changes from 6 sec to xx seconds at a specific point of time till a point of time(scheduling)
right now the recording duration is static for every motion detection.
I know I can schedule the motion detection, but it’s the recording duration that should be dynamic. Maybe in a future update Guys ?

Hello. The six seconds is the free cloud offering from Yi. If you need longer there is the premium cloud. Or you could use an SD card for local recording of your camera supports this.

At the price point of the cameras there must be some ‘trade offs’. And not many in the same class as Yi/Kami offer a free cloud service of any type.

If your camera supports it buy a supported SD card and enjoy the extended clips that way.

2 Likes

Hi
just dissecting your reply …because I think I am looking for an upgrade which can be put into the existing config (app), but DO correct me if I am wrong, so here goes:
++++++++snip++++++++++
The six seconds is the free cloud offering from Yi.
(agreed and no qualms on this)

If you need longer there is the premium cloud.
(Yes, I have bought the cloud subscription for 1 year and recurring if deemed so)

Or you could use an SD card for local recording of your camera supports this.
(I do have 64 gig sd inserted in all the 4 units)

At the price point of the cameras there must be some ‘trade offs’. And not many in the same class as Yi/Kami offer a free cloud service of any type.
( this is where i mentioned the upgrade in config. There is already a scheduling for the ‘motion detection’. this can be controlled in the app. what I was saying is a same scheduling but also for the ‘rec duration’. I think this would be easy to incorporate in the app. Right now the slider bar says : 0 to 60 . just under there could be a scheduler …where one says 0 to 30 betweeen night 10 pm & mning 6 am(for eg.). these are typical developer func. that can be achieved as an upgrade to the existing software. a RFC kind of thingy (request for change)

If your camera supports it buy a supported SD card and enjoy the extended clips that way.
(That was the main reason I went for the cloud. 'laziness :wink: . all from sitting at one place rather than extracting the sd out , putting it in the PC and keeping the sd back in again.(**post edit : I can view sd also sitting @ 1 place…just tried it now…hmmmm…I need to test this a bit more and will come back to this post or maybe p.m you)
Thx.!

++++++end snip+++++++

basically, the ‘rec duration’ functionality is already there, just add a scheduler to it .is my main go here

Just doing some forum maintenance and saw this wonderful feedback. Thanks for contributing the community forum @Radaway

Categories