Kami Wire-Free Outdoor Camera Users

PS I am a mobile software developer by profession…

Clearly it is a work in progress. Problem they have with these inexpensive cameras is there are so many variables in play. Each set up is different to the next and this uniqueness makes getting it right first time almost impossible.

1 Like

Since the wirefree camera uses a PIR sensor there is not any kind of adjustment for it as far as sensitivity. Most PIR’s that have sensitivity adjustments require it to be done manually. One thing you could try, and I have used for PIR sensors on Halloween props, is to narrow down the area it covers by putting pieces of tape over the sensor to narrow it’s field of view or creating a tube to fit the circumference of the PIR and affix it thus narrowing the field of view. If it is a big concern I would suggest a Kami Wired Outdoor camera with AI technology. This is what I have installed on my garage and has cut down on false triggers tremendously. It’s not perfect but better than anything else I’ve tried. The thing I really like about that camera is the starlight night vision. With the lights I have on the outside of my garage I am able to have color night vision.

1 Like

@Pyrozman29 Interesting. You are suggesting there is nothing that can be changed. I have another wired outdoor Yi camera which works OK. I used it in my last property.

It seems the wireless camera is completely useless then.

An email from Yi support says:

"Hello Simon,

Thank you for contacting Kami Vision support. I hope you are doing great!

To change the motion detection setting for Kami wire-free please tap the “Mode”

Support completely failing to understand the problem as the Mode setting only adjusts the schedule that the motion detection works ie on or off on certain times or days.

Where did you buy it from? If I was you and if you can, I would return it. The product description does not suggest you cannot modify the sensitivity.

I believe you said you was in the UK so hopefully you bought through Amazon and in their returns window.

@icecandy let me send you a direct message in regards to this matter. We will get it figured out.

@Pyrozman29 @YorkshireUser thanks for the helpful tips and for being active members of the community!

Tape on the PIR sensor :thinking: im gonna have to try that one myself.

As far as I see the only thing adjustable is the time out setting. This does not use the same motion sensing technology as the wired cameras so that it is more energy efficient. The pir sensor is the only thing active while the camera sleeps. The pir picks up motion (heat differene) and activates the camera and recording feature. The wired cameras are always on and not in a sleep mode. On the wired camerasthe processor looks for differences in what the camera is seeing and triggers a motion event.

@icecandy There are benefits to both cameras. Wired or Wired Free. Again, there will be limitations with the wire-free model because it is battery powered. You have to consider battery life and how the different features will affect that battery life and what will be the most efficient.

It kind of sounds like a wired-camera might be a better option for you. Let’s keep talking in our messages and will get this worked out for you.

Glad we have a knowledgable community!

1 Like

Ability to change the cool down feature.

Hello - can you explain why you mean? If you mean to reduce the time taken between alerts then it is possible to get rid of all cool down by purchasing a cloud subscription plan.

1 Like

Exactly. I don’t have the plan. May purchase when the next deal pops up

2 Likes

We have deals running all the time! Keep your eyes peeled :eyes:

1. Motion detection still needs work. It doesn’t seem to react to anything smaller than humans even with its highest setting.

2. Cooldown time needs to be adjustable to seconds (instead of minutes) with local recordings.

3. Activity zones. But before the motion detection sensitivity issue has been fixes activity zones are useless as the camera doesn’t react enough anyway. No danger of getting too many false positives as I’m hardly getting any detections at all…

Thanks for your feedback @user12345 we are working hard to improve all aspects of our cameras, their detections / AI capabilities, and the overall app experience.

So glad I haven’t purchased cloud for this camera. Absolute load of rubbish that’s not fit for purpose. To not even have a rain guard seems a school boy error. The app has so many bugs. The camera is slow responding to movement. I walked straight in front and it didn’t detect me. I have a number of cctv cameras a fraction of the price that do a top job. I only purchased this as it was wire free. Agree with all the other comments that Kami haven’t been transparent when describing this cameras limitations. No one should have to make their own rain cover just to use the camera in the rain. This should be supplied and considered essential.

Categories