Kami Home Wish List

We’d love to know what you would like to see! Whether it’s an added feature to an already existing product or an idea for a completely new product that you think would be a great fit with our existing lines, tell us about it; who knows, it might just happen!

Would be great to see facial recognition on cameras.
Also I am longing for a doorbell camera. Everything on the market is so expensive and quite simply not worth the money. My wife and I run a business from home and have on average 6 people a day come to our door. Door bell camera would be very useful to us!!! Currently we are using the Kami wire free camera to help with this.

Hi MilkinMore, thank you for sharing your thoughts! The great news is that a Kami Doorbell is coming later this year! :blush:

2 Likes

This is great news. I am very excited about this. Are you able to give out any information etc on this as yet?

1 Like

I second the idea of the doorbell Cam and glad to hear one is going to be coming out. Also with the wireless outdoor cam the option to purchase extra batteries as well as facial recognition. A little longer PIR range would be nice. Maybe even eventually some mesh technology in all the cameras to increase signal. I know it would take a big battery but a wireless camera works off of a 3g network would be good for people in remote locations.

3 Likes

All those are great features. I also would like the Yi Technology phone app more customizable so that for example one can re arrange the cameras into a users preferred order or even into zones or something!

Doorbell camera, please!
With a microSD card slot for offline recording.
Hardwired would be nice, but you can sell one with a battery or one with hardwired.

I will buy it immediately if it has microSD, similar to the Yi and Kami outdoor cameras.

2 Likes

Yes! It will have an SD card option, and it will be equipped to work both wired or battery-powered! :grin:

2 Likes

Good work guys. Awesome.

1 Like

Yes!! Our Doorbell camera WILL have a microSD card slot! And we will do you one better, our Doorbell camera will have an option to do both wired AND battery-powered! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Thank you for all of those suggestions! We appreciate your feedback! We are currently working on face recognition for the Wire-Free Outdoor camera, and on getting some extra batteries available for purchase. In the meantime, we recommend purchasing the LG HG2 18650 batteries as extras. Just make sure you are purchasing them from a reputable source, we wouldn’t want you to purchase a knock-off that could potentially be dangerous.

2 Likes

Our first indoor camera with Facial recognition is coming in Kami product, it will be an upgrade to the Kami Indoor Camera

1 Like

On a more minor side a nice touch would be to include two stickers with the YI or Kami logo and some wording such as “ smile you are on camera” to be in the box with every camera!!! I for one would find these handy as I want people coming to my house/business to know they are being recorded.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! :smile: I love that! I will share that idea with our product team! Thanks @MilkinMore!

1 Like

I am excited to hear about the door bell. Do you have an estimated date of release?

1 Like

Not yet! But we’re hoping to get it out this year! We’ll post an update once we have an expected release date! :smiley:

Doorbell camera would be great. It would allow me to replace the front door camera I have that I’m not very fond of.

Mesh technology for camera signal would be good too.

1 Like

Also what about 3M Velcro tabs inside each box so users can place their cameras almost anywhere without drilling holes etc. all my indoor Nest cameras were put up this way. I found it so versatile.

1 Like

I will share this idea with our product team! :v:

1 Like

Hi Team,

Would be really nice if you guys start supporting Location based features on both apps like when I am away turn on motion and notifications automatically and when comes back, turn those off. Same feature you have now but definitely automated based on location.

This definitely will be really appreciated for all of us.

Also, add Face recognition on upcoming cameras, 5ghz band support. Samsung Smartthings support.

1 Like

Categories