I would like the iOS to recognize when app is in landscape orientation

Hello!

I love this app and the cameras. We use them as baby monitors and have an extra one that we take with us and set up on the go.

One suggestion/request that I have is around using the iPhone app in landscape orientation. The app changes to a landscape display when enlarging the video to full screen, but it seems that the iPhone itself still thinks it is in portrait orientation. In order to escape from the app to the iOS home screen the bar is on the right.

Here is an example of what I’m seeing in full-screen. Notice the bar at the bottom of this image. That is to my right when I hold my phone in landscape orientation.

I would like for the app and phone to recognize that it is actually in the landscape orientation so that when I use airplay, the streamed video on my tv turns the video to landscape orientation as well.

Thanks!

Great product!

1 Like

Hey @QuillyT Thanks for coming to the community! And, thank you for your incredible kid words :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback. That is a weird one. I will report this to our team and see what can be done about improving your landscape view.

Have a lovely week!

Has this been looked at yet? I’m having the same issue. Basically, when you choose to view a camera on your phone, it will automatically rotate and go to full screen. When this happens, the phone is still in portrait mode. If you need to screen mirror to a television, the TV will not recognize that the image needs to be in landscape mode so it appears on the TV sideways, This renders it impossible to cast to any television!

Hi @jmainaz Can you send me which app you are using (Yi or Kami Home) and the version of the app you are running?

Also, can you send me a picture of the TV sideways?
Are you screen mirroring from portrait to the TV or landscape to the TV?

Thanks for your assistance. I’ll follow up with our team and get as much information as I can on this. I have not heard this exact issue reported yet. This thread is to talk about when you rotate your phone, the phone will switch automatically from portrait to landscape. This is a feature of our app.

Was this figured out ? I am having this same issue. I use it for our dance studio and I’m trying to stream it to our tv in the waiting room however it doesnt allow me to watch in landscape mode at all even if I turn my phone while mirroring to the tv

PLEASE FIX this. When the image rotates, it inevitably lands 90 degrees from proper landscape mode. I have to fiddle with my iPad settings for a long while to somehow overcome this. WHICH RESULTS IN all my other apps showing up wonky. WHY would the Yi IOT app not have a 90 degree rotation option. Or better yet, ALWAYS sync the iPad to put the camera image in proper landscape mode?

PLEASE FIX THIS. Or perhaps point me to a different App to access my cameras that will behave properly?

This issue to driving me bananas. When you go full screen, the iPad still thinks it’s portrait, so you see the cam footage sideways. PLEASE fix this or the cam needs to go back. Is there another app??

Categories