I can’t connect to my YI home 1080p when I am away from home

Hello, I am from the UK and need desperate help please. When my phone is connected to my home wifi I am able to access the camera and use it as normal. However when I leave the house and go to work I can access the camera and check on my dog. It just says “loading” or “1%” please can someone help me solve this issue - thank you

1 Like

What mobile network are you using?

What phone model and o/s version?

What network are you using in terms of data speed? 3G, 4g, 5g?

My assumption from what I’ve seen on here will be you are attempting to use 4g data speeds on 3uk using an iPhone

1 Like

Hey, thank you for such a quick response!
I am using an IPhone 11 Plus with 3 Mobile Network - 4G - is this an issue?

1 Like

Oh yes

From your iPhone. Go through the following:

• Settings
  • Mobile Data
  • Mobile Data Options
  • Voice & Data
    … then select 3G.

Then try again you should connect.

1 Like

Wow! Thank you. I have been panicking all morning. You’re a life saver

3 Likes

You are welcome. Have a good day.

2 Likes

Great community thread! Glad all was able to be resolved quickly @Bridie

Phones can be pesky some times and utilize the wrong network settings in an effort to provide the best experience. It doesn’t always work out that way lol

Have a great day! Hope the dog stays out of trouble :wink: I use my cameras for the same thing

1 Like

Good Afternoon Everyone- I am having the same issues as above. When I follow these steps which have resolved previous issues I only have 4G, 5G Auto or 5G On. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated so I can stream outside of my home network. Many Thanks in advance.

hey @AdamSteel! Thanks for coming to the community forum for more information. Glad to help in anyway I can. That does sound frustrating.

Can I ask what your wifi router is connected to? 2.4ghz or 5ghz? Most newer wifi routers are dual band wifi routers. Are you able to check to see if you are using 5ghz?

And, what is your camera model? Most new models of our cameras are also dual band and can work off of either.

I would recommend, if possible, turning your router to 5ghz, and using 5G ON for your phone, turn wifi off on your phone and give it a try.

Keep us posted on your testing. Share any feedback and we will get this resolved for you

Hello. What is the model of your phone? Could you try an alternative phone to test on a 3G signal.

Also which region/country are you in and the mobile telephony operator.

Good Morning Steven and Yorkshire-

I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro which is updated to the latest software version. I tried the connection when there was only 3G available and it continued to only show 1 or 30% before it indicated the cameras were off line. I’m in the UK and my mobile provider is 3. I have BT broadband as a home internet provider.

Thank you so much for your support.

Hi Again - It’s a new router from BT (less than 6 months) so I can only assume its duel. The camera I’m trying to view while outside my network is the Yi 1080P Home Camera. There has also been no joy on 4G or 5G. Thanks Again.

Three UK mobile is known to have issues. It usually works when on 3G. For me 4g works happily as well now on Three Mobile. I would give that BT Superhub a reboot.

Categories