ability to remote restart devices

It just feels a simple workaround would solve it rather than the sledgehammer to a bit approach for something that doesn’t feel too often.

Also my thoughts are that if the camera is offline would a functionality to restart it or reboot it actually be functional.

I used to have remote reboot functionality of a previous router due to the aforementioned issue with a battery camera that would do it regularly in the past. A reboot of the router would return it to service. But it got to a point I wanted a more permanent fix for the issue. Happily the fix happened. And it’s good it did because my current main router does not have remote management capability.

And in my opinion and I’m blunt with this, even when I’m doing work for other people, if you want a camera system for full security capability - you pay the money and have a wired system supported by a DVR or NVR. And if you are even more strong towards security aspect you pay a professional CCTV firm to analyse, scope, plan, survey and the like. Then they will test and manage how the system works.

There are reasons people choose the IP cameras and install it themselves, then some expect professional style functionality and performance.

1 Like

I only install them because they do work when needed.

I agree regarding the professional systems but, I don’t need the full functionality of a nvr system. One top of the extra cost of maintenance. If a camera or nvr dies its not a 40 quid fix.

Key for me is, being able to manage and maintain my ownnsystem rather than having someone else troublenshoot problems and wait for them to do it.

Not for everyone of course, but I do enjoy it

1 Like

Exactly mate. And I use them because they work for me and I understand and accept what they are and their limitations.

Do I want to zoom in on a licence plate from 100 feet and get a clear reading of the plate? No. Do I want basic eyes around corners of my property when I’m there or not. Yes. Hence why pound for pound IP cameras are my choice.

And Yi / Kami products impress me as too their service. Pound for pound they are above many of the competitors. And the cloud service also ranks highly in terms of what you get and cost.

1 Like

thanks for all the feedback and enthusiasm @Brian @YorkshireUser!

We are incredibly thankful to have you both as active participants of our community forum. Keep helping to drive the conversation! Our cameras work incredible well for their purpose. And, the forum helps us make improvements along the way.

THANK YOU :slight_smile:

1 Like

Categories