A request for YI: can the desktop app NOT have password every time?

It’s been a couple of years since I have first requested this, I have asked for it a few times since then, but I’m going to put it on here again, is it possible that we have auto password fill-in like every other website allows, so I can use my for camera monitoring on my MacBook Pro Without having to type in my password every time?

Hey @Latin Thanks for the feedback. We have been heavily focused on improving the mobile app. Improvements to the desktop app will come soon. And, this will be on our list of improvements. I believe it was originally designed as a security measure.

Thanks for your patience and contribution to the forum!

1 Like

So much time since the original request and still nothing changed.
Every time the app is closed I’m signed out.
When is this going to be dealt with?

I know this has been a big request. It is a security concern. I will report this to our team and see what we can do for future releases. Thanks for the feedback

the mobile app can save password and does not require relogin. i urge the dev teams to provide this basic option in desktop app. having a desktop app is the primary reason we are using this brand. thank you.

As you can see in this rather long request thread, it’s always acknowledged, and always replied to earnestly, they’ll look into putting it into the next release, but of course they never do.

1 Like

i agree, annoying having to type password in all the time, give us an option to not have to.

1 Like

You can script this with autohotkey and it create an exe that can run all the time. Soon as it sees the app launched it puts uaername/password in for you. I been doing this for years.

1 Like

Try storing it in the user’s Windows security vault (credential manager). No one can read it then except the logged-in user. Obviously different for each Windows user. Security completely covered. This is what normal apps do since Windows 7.

1 Like

Going on 2 years since v 1.0.0.0 was released. Time for some upgrades/improvements, don’t you think? I’d do it myself if you shared the source code.

1 Like

Two years since the original post and nothing yet. Even with forum members suggesting ways to achieve this without sacrificing security the Yi team just won’t get it done. And this request is not isolated. Must be losing customers over a simple topic and equipment fix.

They are used to ignore customer request like chinese government ignore his population. Its better to them to implement adds in the app for cellphones.

Security reason ??? or lack of programming skills ?

Another vote for this feature request here.

It’s a very standard feature of a cheap consumer device app not to require a password each time the applicaiton is started, and neither the Yi Android or iOS app require a password every time. If a user required a high level of security they wouldn’t be choosing a camera which sends the feed back to the chinese servers, for a start.

Categories