Not able to view longer history on my SD card

@ LondonGal:

I copied your post before it got vanished.

Apparently some coverup going on.

1 Like

Here’s mine also:

I use SD cards. Before this ‘improvement’ I could see all activity from my SD card whether I had motion sensing on or not. Now I can’t. It appears that all my activity was channeled to the cloud and then back to my SD card rather than straight to my SD card as well as the cloud; so I assume to save cloud space the new firmware prevents uploading unless the motion sensing is selected. Why isn’t my motion being sent to my SD card when I don’t use the cloud ? I don’t need Yi/Kami to store my data.
I also noted that I used to have a LOT of saved motion detection but now it resets at midnight each day. That is NOT what I bought.
I also noted that re-dating the previous firmware update and re-issuing as a ‘new’ update it would at least get us back to where we were (as bad as I found that).

2 Likes

Hi. Can you check now to see how it’s working with your SD card. I use only SD cards in my cameras and can see the SD card footage.

On my iPhone I am still using the former app version. But on one of my tablets I’m using the new app. Granted the new app does appear to be a little clunkier in how it does it - but I can scroll back through all the SD card recorded footage as I can on my iPhone.

When clicking on the SD card icon it brings up the green bar to show recording length. This can be scrolled through.

What is confusing on the new app is that when you click on the calendar it would suggest from the calendar items that you can only see from today. However I can scroll on the timeline through the sD card recording history.

@Steven_Kami not sure if the team is aware of this feature of the new app. Also what seems to have gone is that when you play a free motion detection alert the option to play it via the SD card is not showing (the play complete clip). The recording is however available on the SD card.

In portrait the video window does appear to be squashed. The option to take it into full screen landscape is pretty straight forward but having a more visible image on the main page would be useful.

Steven it would also seem on the newer app that the free cloud motion alerts are only for the previous 24 hours.

@ YorkshireUser:

Nothing has changed. It’s a complete mess.

So you are unable to view the SD card footage on your device? I have had another user try on a apple device and they can see SD card footage since I have spoken them through what I mentioned in my previous post.

I can’t go back past midnight of the day - trying to access another day get’s me the ‘buy this cloud service to see more’ - It’s a scam!

They need to reset this NOW !

What device are you using? I can scroll through my entire recording history now on my tablet. I couldn’t do but they have issued an update.

What I cannot scroll through past midnight of the current day is the free cloud alerts. Not sure if they have removed the seven days on that.

I guess technology companies can and do change things (sometimes sadly!).

Just to let you know too have also had posts deleted which mentioned information regarding users being forced to upgrade from SD Card to cloud premium service.

2 Likes

I wondered why my profile said i had no posts or replies because the topic i was replying too had been deleted!

4 Likes

Correct…. It no longer exists. It was “Kami Community] [Community Support] New App makes cameras useless”.

4 Likes

@Beards Yes that was the post! I’m regretting purchasing these cameras now, I cannot even view past days on my SD card anymore.

3 Likes

From an iOS user, not that I am aware.

listed instruction for number 4 does not work.

This is one area iOS users are not allowed to do…. Pleased as an Android user you managed to change back to a ‘working correctly’ version.

Instead of the support guy posting constant links to the “how to” which we aren’t interested in. Perhaps he could answer this question -

“have KAMI deliberately removed the ability to scroll back recorded video to as far back as your SD card can go(from the Iphone V5 app) to any given point using the indoor/outdoor Yi cameras? - if no will this functionality return? - if yes then also please let us know so I can sell my cameras on ebay”

This is how it used to look. You could drag the crown bar back to a point in time.

IMG_9245 copy 2

3 Likes

With the fact we are seeing posts and topics being deleted does not bode well in users having complete SD Card control back. I clearly mentioned that last year Yi Technology put out a similar upgrade which after many complaints the App was reverted to a previously working version acceptable with all users…… That post and others have since been deleted; just as I am expecting this one to also be deleted.

3 Likes

Indeed - welcome to China.

2 Likes

Here is my detailed feedback on the new UI

1.No date and time on playback. this app makes the Yi/Kami products totally useless as security cameras, maybe ok to use them as a puppy or baby cam.

1. The viewing date dropdown does not allow you select any date other than today for SD card storage. It just gives you the Upgrade to a longer history message" implying you need a cloud contract to see more. Seems all the available SD card recordings are there but you have to scroll to then on the activity bar. This means you have to scroll the activity bar repeatedly to get to previous days, takes ages to get to any previous days footage, awful interface.

2. The red Live button does not take you to live but to the start of the days stored footage. Again you then have to scroll to get to live for the day. Surely this should be able to toggle you back to live with one click not loads of finger swiping.

3. As the developers have removed the handy activity scroller overlay from the display screen I cannot see any way to scroll through footage in landscape mode now. So it seems you need to search and view your footage in portrait mode (complete with the tiny display) and then when you have hopefully have found the bit of video you might want, stay to play it back in portrait, tap the screen, hit the full screen icon to flip it to portrait and then hit the record button quickly enough to capture it before you miss the important action. I’ve even noticed the pause and play buttons don’t even work once you flip to landscape, you can pause it but ne er restart playback. This UI totally sucks…

4 Likes

I am going to give them a break and wait a couple weeks - if this isn’t resolved I will likely be filing a Canadian/Ontario Small Claims Court action under the Consumer Protection Laws and Regulations 2021 for a breach of protections in relation to the quality and function of goods and services. I am retired and have LOTS of time.

4 Likes

Let’s see what the company does I am sure they will do the right thing. In regards to consumer protection I know of many other companies that have done similar and got away with it. Ycam in the UK for one. Even Blink and Ring significantly changed their product offering.

And the UK have some of the best Consumer Laws in the world.

It comes down to the Terms and Conditions and I under no circumstance minimise the impact on you but the terms state:

“Updates. If YI provides updates, supplements, or add-on components to any of the Apps after you download it (collectively, “Updates”), these Terms will apply to the Updates unless YI provides additional terms along with the Update (“Additional Terms”), in which case those Additional Terms will apply to the Update. You agree that we may automatically check your version of any of the Apps, send Updates to any of the Apps, and require you to use the most current version of any of the Apps.“

https://www.yitechnology.com/legal/terms-of-use

Whether or not Yi lose customers because of this is a different argument but legally the company is well covered.

But give them time as the former version of the app is still working as before so I am hopeful that this is a blip with the new application.

Categories